eServices Privacy and Security Statement
This website is the property of United Way of Central Alabama. United Way of Central Alabama is committed to protecting your privacy. Except as described below, no personal information is shared, sold, rented, traded, or disclosed in any manner to third parties. Click here to view our statement
What Information We Collect
We collect or track the following information from our website and e-mails: (1) e-mail address (if we receive an e-mail communication); (2) information knowingly provided by visitors in on-line forms, registration forms and surveys; and (3) aggregate/user-specific information on which web pages visitors access. “Personally identifiable information” is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. It includes, for example, a person’s name, street address, e-mail address, fax number, or telephone number. We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you through our website, unless you voluntarily use our site to make a donation or pledge, send us an e-mail message, participate in a survey, or fill out and send an on-line form.
If your employer has elected to host an ePledge campaign, a web-based campaign management tool presented in partnership between your organization and United Way of Central Alabama, you will be asked to complete an on-line pledge form. Our pledge form could contain your name, address, zip code, e-mail address, pledge amount, pledge type and, if applicable, information directing your pledge to be used in a targeted service area or paid to a specified agency. If you participate in an employer sponsored ePledge campaign, we will also provide the information we collect to your employer.
As with most on-line transactions, United Way of Central Alabama employs security measures to ensure your information is safeguarded (see “Security” below).
How Information is Used
The information we collect is used for billing purposes, to complete your donation and for future communications. Unless you instruct us not to, we will provide the agency you have designated to receive your contribution (if applicable) with your name, address, and the amount pledged so they may acknowledge your gift and communicate with you directly. We may also provide the designated agency with your e-mail address.
Your e-mail address may also be used to send you information related to your giving or volunteer activities or to give you information relative to your specified interests or agencies. You will always have the option to unsubscribe to future e-mails.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may share the information we collect with other charitable organizations only as described above. We may also provide information to your employer as described above or other entities that need access to such information in connection with processing your contribution (such as credit card processing companies or other service providers). We also reserve the right to release information as required by any governmental or law enforcement agency or under a court order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
We have established and maintain security standards and procedures to protect our users’ information. When you submit personally identifiable information via the website, your information is protected both on-line and off-line. We have installed a number of measures to protect the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information.
- United Way of Central Alabama has created a registration/log-in process so that your personal profile is password protected and can be accessed only by you or a person authorized by the United Way of Central Alabama. You should always log-out when you are done with your session so that others cannot access your account. You are solely responsible for protecting the security of your password.
- For donors who pledge on-line, upon request, we will send an e-mail confirmation of their pledge. Due to the nature of the internet and our lack of control over your email host, we cannot guarantee the security of this e-mail correspondence.
- We permit staff members and certain volunteers to access information you have provided to process your pledge and to perform certain administrative and business functions. United Way staff and volunteers who have access to such information are required to sign a confidentiality agreement that prohibits them from disclosing your information to third parties (except as described above) during and after their employment or volunteer work with United Way of Central Alabama.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security of information sent over the internet through our website, please direct them to: email@example.com.
In an effort to fully protect our donors’ information, we ask that all donors follow the recommended security guidelines for protecting donor information for themselves and their employees.
- We ask that any breach of private information be reported to United Way of Central Alabama within in 24 hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ePledge usernames and passwords should not be shared with any other persons.
- A donor’s pledge information is considered to be private information and should be disclosed without prior consent of the donor/employee.
- We ask that any donor or confidential information be provided to us via a secure or encrypted method.
United Way of Central Alabama is pleased to offer online access to enable our partner agencies, outside agencies and other United Ways access to various reports, forms and communication pieces.
Partner agencies are required to enter a user id and password to access their annual allocation applications. Partner agencies will be notified when the 2015 Allocation application is available.
Ryan White providers are required to enter a user id and password to access the Ryan White provider site. If you have questions, or need access please complete the eServices Account set-up form below.
United Way of Central Alabama provides an online reporting site for our partner agencies who utilize our self-insured health plan. For questions or access to this site, please complete the eServices Account set-up form below.
United Way of Central Alabama offers a reporting website for our partner agencies receiving financial services. For questions or to receive access to this site, please complete the eServices Account set-up form below.
Jefferson County Workforce Investment Board refers clients to United Way of Central Alabama’s WIB program. If you are a JCWIB Case Manager and need access to this site, please complete the eServices Account set-up form below.
Please click on the eServices Account Set-up Form above, if you are requesting access to any of the sites above.