From hello to help, 2-1-1 is here for every person and every problem.
In a crisis, in a disaster, in a pandemic, 2-1-1 Central Alabama is here to help every person in our community. Whether it’s help finding food assistance, mental health resources or other essential services, 2-1-1 is there. Every 2-1-1 call center is part of the national 2-1-1 network, united to help as many people as possible. In fact, 2-1-1 is a critical part of United Way’s fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
Here’s why you should use this vital service — and let others know about it, too.
1. 2-1-1 provides connections to many kinds of resources and services, including:
- Crisis and emergency counseling for mental health concerns, domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
- Disaster relief and recovery.
- Food assistance.
- Health and mental health services.
- Healthcare and insurance assistance.
- Education and job training services.
- Veteran services.
- Childcare and family services.
2. The 2-1-1 specialists are amazing listeners! When someone has a crisis, help from a real, live person is only a phone call away though the 2-1-1 Information and Referral Line, From the first hello to the final connection to help, our 2-1-1 specialists are there. Here’s what one member of the 2-1-1 Central Alabama team member had to say: “It is one of my duties to be of service to those in need under any given circumstance.” – Clarissa B.
3. 2-1-1 is simple and convenient to use. The service is free, confidential and accessible 24/7/365. It’s also available in more than 180 languages.
4. There’s more than one way to use 2-1-1. You can dial 2-1-1 on your phone and speak to a trained specialist; you can text 888.421.1266; or you can visit 211connectsalabama.org to chat or browse local resources.
5. 2-1-1 tackles problems at the root. In fact, our 2-1-1 specialists are trained to identify and address the underlying causes of clients’ problems – and connect them with a wide range of available resources that meet all the needs that most likely contributed to their call.
6. 2-1-1 assists millions of Americans each year, many of them just like you. Last year, the national 2-1-1 network made 25 million referrals and connections. Locally, United Way of Central Alabama’s 2-1-1 services received and assisted more than 54,000 callers. 2-1-1 is available to help anyone, no matter the situation, income level, gender, age, race, religion or sexual orientation.
7. 2-1-1 is available statewide in times of disaster. As part of the Alabama 2-1-1 network, United Way of Central Alabama is able to join forces with call centers across the state to help distribute critical information and services in times of uncertainty or disaster.
Learn more and get help by visiting 211connectsalabama.org. And share this information with as many people as possible, so everyone knows where to turn for help.