Agency Profile: Alabama Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Alabama Goodwill has helped people go to work since 1927. We offer job training, readiness classes, and placement for individuals with disabilities and/or disadvantages.
Through funding partnerships and the kind donations that our communities provide, we create employment opportunities wherein those with barriers to employment and self-sufficiency can learn, develop, and grow to become productive members of the community and reach their life goals.
We envision AGI as an annual $30 million dollar organization by the year 2024, with the resources necessary to support and sustain that growth. We will create an additional 400 jobs, serve 5,000 individuals in need of our services, and place 100 individuals with barriers into competitive employment per year by that time.
- Self-actualization – we work with all team members to help them reach their highest potential and life goals
- Donors and Customers – we honor and value our donors and customers, and make their interaction with us a positive experience
- Learning Organization – we are all learners and trainers, and we make learning accessible for our team members’ active engagement in lifelong learning
- Integrity – we take personal responsibility, treat everyone with respect, and keep our promises
- Stewardship – we manage the resources entrusted to us with responsibility and care
- Hand Up, Not A Hand Out – we believe that self-reliance leads to dignity
- Empowerment – we expect our team members to make decisions
- Teamwork – we ask for input from those around us and work with one another to accomplish our goals
- Open Communication – we respect open and honest communication, and make direct communication with those that can help solve our problems
- Continuous Improvement – We are committed to getting better every day, and to the pursuit of excellence