PHASE III COMMUNITY CRISIS FUND (OPEN MARCH 1 – MARCH 31, 2021)
In response to the ongoing immediate needs within Central Alabama resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, United Way of Central Alabama (UWCA) is offering Phase III of the Community Crisis Fund grant opportunity. Proposals will be required to clearly communicate how funding will meet immediate needs of the community and support the ability of organizations to address specific human needs during the crisis. *If your organization is a current Phase II Community Crisis Fund grantee you are ineligible for Phase III funding.
Applications will be required to indicate one or more of the following areas of immediate need related to the COVID-19 crisis that the project or program will address.
Basic Needs Assistance
- Supply of and access to food
- Utilities, rent and mortgage assistance
- Emergency medical expenses for the uninsured and underinsured
- Prescription drug assistance
Mental Health Supports
- Crisis intervention supports (hotlines and crisis counseling)
- Social-emotional and/or mental health supports for school-aged children
- Domestic violence intervention
- Child abuse treatment
- Substance abuse/overdose treatment
- Childcare support assistance
- Academic acceleration activities
Applications will be accepted March 1-31, 2021.
FUNDING AVAILABLE: Up to $50,000
TERM: One-year grant period from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
GEOGRAPHIC AREA: Applicants must be based and serve clients in one of the following Alabama counties: Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, or Walker.
PHASE I & II COMMUNITY CRISIS FUND OPPORTUNITIES (CLOSED 2020)
If your organization received a Phase I or II Community Crisis Fund grant and need assistance regarding your award or reporting, please contact Kadie Peters at email@example.com.