When we try to move forward on our own, we’re limited in what we can accomplish. When we come together as a whole, the possibilities are endless.
United Way of Central Alabama builds a great community and advances the common good by bringing people together to help others. By pooling our resources and working together, we pave the way for real, tangible change in health, education and financial stability. There’s power in numbers, which means we accomplish much more when we come together as a whole. Our way — the United Way — is more powerful than any one entity or individual alone. By partnering with us through volunteering or donating, you’re a part of something bigger than yourself, fulfilling your own life and the lives of others. If you’re in need of assistance, United Way can connect you with an organization that can help meet your specific needs. By letting us help, you’re joining a community that cares and forming meaningful relationships in the process.
In 1923, leaders in Central Alabama were UNITED by the simple idea that members of a community can come together, pool their resources and work collectively to deal with community issues in a WAY that is more powerful than any one individual or entity alone. Today, while this ideal still guides us, our resources and partner network have grown, enabling us to drive solutions to complex problems.
To increase the organized capacity of people to care for one another and to improve their community.
Put People First:
- Have respect for every person.
- Value employees because they drive our mission.
- Be inclusive.
- Serve others before yourself.
- Set the good example.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Serve the Community:
- The community is our customer.
- Serving the community is our only business.
- Know the community. Understand needs. Meet needs.
- Make the community better by what we do.
Do the Right Thing:
- Do what is right, always.
- Lead with integrity and honesty.
- Be transparent and accountable.
- Stand for excellence.
- Say what you mean and do what you say.
- Work efficiently, effectively, and strategically.
- Build the best team.
- Trust our partners. Work together to improve our community.
- Unite around common goals and measures of success.