Come one, come all to board the BB&T Bank Bus next Tuesday, March 27, 2018! It’s time to take advantage of free financial resources and confidential, one-on-one credit report reviews. The BB&T Bank Bus, which travels across the country, has several computer stations and be will offering free information and resources from 9:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary, and walk-ins are encouraged.
Attendees can expect a full credit report, reviewed and interpreted by a BB&T banker to know where their credit stands. If needed, a banker will share steps on correcting or improving the report. There’s no risk—this credit check won’t hurt your score!
Talk casually with a BB&T banker on any “big picture” goals. Hoping to qualify for a loan, but unsure of the first step to take? Need basic banking/savings account advice and tips for managing your finances? Skilled professionals will meet the toughest questions with sound advice.
While at the BB&T Bus, attendees will learn about many other FREE services and resources available through United Way of Central Alabama including:
- Financial Education Classes – Free monthly lunch and learn workshops on topics such as managing monthly bills, basic budgeting, improving credit scores and more
- MyFreeTaxes.com – Free on-line state and federal income tax filing offered by United Way in partnership with H&R Block
- United Way’s IDA – An Individual Development Account program that provides matched savings for first-time home buyers
- SHIP Medicare Counseling – Personalized help in navigating the Medicare system and selecting the right coverage
- SenioRx – A prescription-drug-assistance program providing free or low-cost medications for chronic conditions
- Priority Veteran – Assistance for veterans and their families who are homeless or at risk of losing their home
For more information on this free event, held in United Way’s parking lot (you won’t miss the BB&T bus), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 205-458-8969.