How Can 2-1-1 Help You? It’s Easy, Call 2-1-1 or 1-888-421-1266.
United Way’s 2-1-1 Information and Referral Line is an easy-to-remember telephone number that connects people with community services to meet a wide variety of needs. By dialing 2-1-1 you are connected to a specialist who can link you to the right service using a comprehensive database of services. It is a free and confidential information and referral service.
- Basic Human Needs: call 2-1-1 to find resources for food, clothing, shelter, rent, and utility assistance. We have access to translators in multiple languages.
- Physical & Mental Health: get help with Medicaid & Medicare, health intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, victims services, and substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Employment Support: get information on the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), job training, transportation assistance, and education programs for job skills.
- Support for Elderly: find resources for adult day care, respite care, home health care, and transportation for individuals with disabilities
- Support for Children, Youth, and Families: get information on advocacy, child care, after-school programs, family resource centers, mentoring tutoring, and protective services.
- Financial Stability: find help for immediate financial issues such as home foreclosure prevention, income tax preparation, debt management and financial coaching.
- In Times of Disaster: call for immediate assistance during disaster, such as a tornado. 2-1-1 specialists link callers to:
- Emergency Shelters
- Food Distribution Centers
- Water, Ice, and Food
- State and Federal Assistance Grief Counseling
- Help locating family members
- Clean-up Crews
- Emergency Financial Assistance