This post originally appeared in partnership with Bham Now.
After a one year hiatus, Bunny Aid—a project of United Way Hands On—is returning to Central Alabama!
Established in 2010, Bunny Aid volunteers throughout Central Alabama assemble and donate thousands of Easter Baskets to children, families and seniors in need.
This year, they need volunteers to “hop to it” and help amass and deliver over 1000 Easter Baskets between April 4-14.
Want to be a part of this special event? Contact United Way Hands On’s Tawanna Willoughby at email@example.com to volunteer.
Bunny Aid Captures the Easter Spirit
Perhaps no other community-wide event captures the meaning of the Easter season than Bunny Aid. Anyone can participate—civic groups, school organizations, church, families and individuals.
Now, more than ever Bunny Aid needs YOUR help.
Because of the pandemic, the event was limited in 2020 and canceled in 2021. This year, United Way Hands On is supporting 12 different United Way agencies, including:
- Alethia House
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Warrior Boys and Girls Club
- Children’s Village
- Ronald McDonald House
- Salvation Army
- St. Clair/Blount County
- Hispanic Ministries
- Family Stability (Senior Citizen Baskets)
“Due to the pandemic, we haven’t been able to offer this opportunity to our agencies, but we are trying to ease back into getting these baskets out to the children and seniors to make their Easter day a little brighter,” said Willoughby.
How Bunny Aid Works
Here are the details on how to become a Bunny Aid volunteer.
- Step 1 — Email Tawanna Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will set you up
- Step 2 — Fill and wrap Easter baskets for kids and Seniors with the following items:
Candy, non-perishable items, small stuffed animals, coloring books, crayons/markers, toys for boys and girls of all ages, chips, snack cakes, fingernail polish, brush and comb sets, purse/wallet, notebooks, reading books, sports items, toiletries, water bottles, fun games
- Step 3 – Fill and wrap Easter baskets for kids and Senior Citizens
- Step 4 – Easter baskets should be wrapped with cellophane for easy transportation, and each basket should be labeled for age and gender.
- Step 5 – Deliver to drop-off locations (United Way Hands On will provide)
Need 1000 Easter Baskets
Make Easter 2022 special by supporting Bunny Aid. Help United Way Hands On reach its goal of 1000+ Easter baskets. The group will start collecting baskets on April 4th. The deadline to deliver them is April 14th, the Thursday before Easter Sunday.
Contact Tawanna Willoughby at email@example.com today!