Virtual business meetings are now commonplace. The same goes for everything from game nights and birthday parties to baby showers and weddings. All because of COVID-19. But did you know that you can also do volunteer work remotely? United Way of Central Alabama (UWCA) offers a variety of ways to log on for the greater good, including remote volunteer opportunities through United Way Hands On and INVOLVE, UWCA’s online volunteer platform. So now you can help others and support the community from the comfort of your own couch!
- Holiday Craft Kits
- Activity Kits for Senior Center Participants
- Activity Kits for Seniors in Long-Term Care Residents
- COVID Kits for Senior Center Participants
- Infant/Toddler Supply Drive-Volunteer Project
- Magic Reading Carpets for Childcare Centers
Save the Date: Family Volunteer Day with United Way Hands On
This annual day of service, held the Saturday before Thanksgiving, is designed to encourage and promote family volunteerism. This event kicks off the Thanksgiving holiday with families volunteering to serve and build their local community.
Opportunities for Families Include: