Each year, United Way of Central Alabama asks local organizations to select one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Loaned Executive Program for a 13-week working session. Participants develop and implement company campaigns by working with top management and employee campaign coordinators. These loaned executives come from all areas of the work force, including middle management, professional, clerical and organized labor. Many employers utilize the Loaned Executive program to strengthen and improve employees’ professional and personal skills.
Take Advantage of Training and Leadership Development Opportunities
- Leadership development
- Presentations and sales skills
- Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment and Application
- Team building
- Time management
- Planning and organizing
Benefits to the Loaned Executive
- Strengthened skills in sales, time management, communications, negotiation and presentations
- Increased self-confidence
- Valuable contacts throughout the business community
- Heightened awareness and understanding of community needs and resources in health and human services
Benefits to the Employer
- Provides a tool to help prepare high-potential employees for leadership roles at work and in the community
- Employees return with leadership experience and advanced personal and professional skills
- Strengthened relationships with other organizations through contacts and working relationships
- An opportunity to impact the community’s quality of life
Benefits to the Community
- Maximization of volunteer effort
- Minimization of fundraising costs
- An increase in contributions to help people
- Increased knowledge about core needs in our community
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can companies sponsor the loaned executive program?
What can I expect as a loaned executive?
United Way’s Loaned Executive program is designed to build professional skills, such as sales and public speaking, through a fast-paced 13-week program that supplements UWCA’s year-round fundraisers during the annual campaign. With businesses from throughout Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker Counties both loaning their employees and sponsoring other community members to participate, UWCA’S is one of the leading LE programs among all United Ways.
How can I apply to be a loaned executive?
If you are with a company, ask your manager or human resource manager.
If you are an individual not associated with a company, you can apply to fill a sponsored loaned executive role. Apply now at: email@example.com